Our employee law firm has been hired by several Orange County Mastercorp janitors to investigate and pursue a class action. We believe these janitors’ pay stubs, through Oasis Outsourcing, Inc., are not compliant with California law.
If you have questions about why Mastercorp paid you what they paid you for your work at the Northstar Lodge Hyatt, Old Greenwood Resort, a South Lake Tahoe Resort Palm Springs, California, or anywhere else in California call our labor attorneys at 1-877-525-0700.
The pay stubs issued by Oasis Outsourcing, to Mastercorp resort workers, in Truckee Hotel, have the Following Issues:
1. The Paystubs Fail to Itemize the Correct Number of Hours Worked – While the Mastercorp janitors work 40 or more hours in a work week their pay stubs underestimate and underpay them for the hours worked by close to 40%. For instance, for a 40 hour work week the janitor may be paid for 26 hours.
2. The Janitors are Paid the Wrong Rate of Pay – At the Dolphins Cove Resort in Anaheim, housekeeping is supposed to be paid $8.00 per hour and janitors are supposed to be paid $9.00 an hour. On these pay stubs the rates of pay for the janitors vary between $8.00 per hour and sometimes $9.00 an hour. There does not appear to be any explanation why janitors are not consistently paid the rates of pay they were promised.
3. Overtime is Unpaid, or Incorrectly Paid – Because the janitors are not being paid for all hours worked they are not always being correctly paid overtime when they work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week.
4. Piece Rates Appear on the Paychecks – Unexplainable piece-rates appears on the janitors’ paychecks. Local supervisors on the site of the Dolphin Cove Resort are unable to explain why piece rates have been paid. We are investigating whether the use of piece-rate pay is being done by Mastercorp to confuse their resort workers whether they are being paid for every hour they work.
Pay stub errors can result in recoverable damages for employees up to $4,000.00. One of the damages our clients plan to sue for are the pay stub errors. However, if employees are experiencing wage theft through underpayment of wages and a lack of minimum wage additional damages will include penalties, and damages to make the employees receive pay at minimum wage. At this point our investigation indicates there are minimum wage violations and nonpayment for hours worked by the janitors.
We have also spoken to members of the Dolphin Cove Resort housekeeping staff. They too do not understand why they have been paid what they were paid. Housekeeping workers also believe they have not been paid for all hours worked.
Our labor lawyer’s investigation of Mastercorp indicates they were previously sued in a class action by San Diego County resort employees for unfair labor practices. We are also being told that although Mastercorp resort employees punch in and out for shifts of 8 hours or more their time reports come back showing they worked significantly less such as 6.67 hours.
We are investigating whether Mastercorp is violating labor laws because they think they can. To the extent Mastercorp’s hotel workers are undocumented they still can recover money in a labor code violation case. We are also investigating Oasis Outsourcing’s role in this labor law lawsuit.
In order to fully investigate claims of improper pay by Mastercorp we want to speak to as many employees and former employees of Mastercorp as possible in order to determine whether the pay issues we have seen are common for Mastercorp employees at other hotels. If you were employed by Mastercorp in the Truckee or South Lake Tahoe areas we would like to speak to you. Call 877-525-0700 for a confidential conversation with our California labor lawyers investigating this labor abuse.
Mastercorp is believed to supply the following hotels with housekeepers and janitors:
Northstar Lodge Hyatt Residence Club
970 Northstar Drive
Truckee, California 96161
Old Greenwood Resort
12650 Caleb Circle
Truckee, California 96161
Tahoe Beach & Ski Club
3601 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
Lake Tahoe, California 96150
The Lodge at Lake Tahoe
3840 Pioneer Trial
South Lake Tahoe, California 96150
Palm Canyon Resort and Spa
2800 South Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, California 92264
Lawrence Welk Resort
8860 Lawrence Welk Drive
Escondido, California 92026
Dolphins Cove Resort
465 West Orange Wood Avenue
Anaheim, California 92802
Firm head, Karl Gerber, began representing employees in labor cases in 1993. Our firm has offices in Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, Bakersfield, Riverside, San Diego, Tustin, Gardena, downtown Los Angeles, and Sherman Oaks. We only represent employees and we only represent them on a contingency basis which means we are not paid on the case until and unless we recover money from the employee’s employer. We can be reached at 877-525-0700 for a confidential, private telephone conversation about labor issues in the workplace.
* We are not licensed attorneys in Nevada, are unable to advise you of your labor rights under Nevada law, and cannot take cases in the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe.